Black Hills Surgical Hospital Additions
Albertson Engineering has worked on multiple projects for the Black Hills Surgical Hospital, including a recent addition to the east side of the flagship building.
These projects included several challenging structural aspects: deep foundations (drilled piers), large-scale retaining walls, an addition with a lower level below the adjacent existing building which could not allow construction to disturb the active operating rooms, a mechanical penthouse with several large pieces of equipment needing significant measures to prevent transmission of sound and vibrations to the surgery rooms below, and designing one of the multi-story additions for future expansion.
- Location: Rapid City, SD
- Dollar Value: $4.327 Million
- Square Footage: 10,700 SF (2015 Addition)
- Owner: Black Hills Surgical Hospital
- Architect: Williams & Associates Architects
- General Contractor: MAC Construction (2015 Addition)
- Completion Date: 2015