EAFB 37th Bomb Squadron Operations Facility
This facility consolidates the operations and maintenance activities of the Ellsworth 37th Bomb Squadron.
This was a design-build project on a fast track. The design incorporated extensive anti-terrorism provisions, including designing for significant blast loading. The design included a dynamic analysis of the structure, with modeling the blasting function versus time as it impacts the building and the building’s reaction to the event. The project also accommodates extensive security requirements and conforms to military and commercial design standards.
- Location: Ellsworth Air Force Base, SD
- Dollar Value: $12.9 Million
- Square Footage: 58,125 SF
- Owner: Army Corps of Engineers
- Architect: Leo A. Daly & Associates
- General Contractor: Dean Kurtz Construction
- Completion Date: 2006